Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ohio is NOT for lovers

Maybe. Who knows? I haven't seen any tail here. Well, except the perfect 10 that was tending bar at the Tumbleweed I dined at last night. Did I make a move? Helllllll no.... mostly cuz I am a giant pussy.

Ohio has been....well.... interesting. I flew into Columbus on Monday. Tuesday was a day off so I decided to grab a 12er of Killians for the night. Hotel was a Fairfield Inn. The room looked nice but had issues. First of all, my internet connection would not work in the hotel so I had nothing to do other than watch tv. So I decided to wander to the pool and noticed the joint had a hot tub. I am a fiend for hot tubs... love 'em! Only problem was I didn't bring any shorts, trunks, nothing. I wasn't gonna pass up a hot tub so I just went in wearing nothing but my boxers. It was great.

So I get back to my room and my shower is one of those stalls with just a curtain. Interesting. The removable spicket was neat. But the gauge only went halfway so I had lukewarm water. Not the greatest thing after burning all my skin bein a playa at da club... i mean... tub... of hotness.

Tuesday, like I said, was a clean slate. So I figured I'd head up to the NFL Hall of Fame to check it out. It was only about 80 miles from my hotel. I got about 20 miles from the HOF and wizzed by a Sherry. I knew he was gonna nab me and eventually did. Busted me for doing 78 in a 65. I love how pigs can speed, do whatever they want, get away with murder, but when somebody is going a few miles over the speed limit they all the sudden become the judge of what is wrong/right. The dickhead could have let me go with a warning... I was working, in a rental (Sebring, terrible blind spots!), and had no registration or insurance. But no. He was a typical worthless pig, wasting tax payers dollars so he can point a radar gun and sit in his car all day.

After that shitstorm I went to the Hall. It was really cool but I thought there'd be more to it. First of all, it seems like it's in the middle of nowhere. The displays were cool, and they had a lot more Bills stuff than I had anticipated. I even noticed a "Talkin' Proud" button in one display (if you know what a "talkin' proud" pin is god help you!). Of course I loved the old, historic memorabilia the most. They had some pretty sweet stuff that has survived decades of storage and years of abuse on the field... The craziest thing I saw was YA Title's NY Giants helmet, cracked down the middle, which he apparently continued to wear while playing. NUTS! The merchandise in the store is way overpriced and there isn't that great of a selection, but the Hall is a MUST for any football fan.

Today I did up a shoot and drove 200 miles North of Zanesville to Toledo/Perrysburg. The food selection has been sub-par, nothing really local mostly just chains. My hotel here tonight (Baymont) is fan funkin tastic! It's right up there with the Hampton Inn I stayed at in NC. Tomorrow is a fun filled day of work and driving. Maybe I'll go pig counting tomorrow. I swear, they're worse than NYS!

No comments: